Thursday, May 28, 2009

A saddening Loss

Well, the world suffered a great loss today. Earlier today, May 28th, we lost a great scholar. Truman G. Madsen died of cancer at the age of 82. I don't believe there is anyone on this earth who knew more about Joseph Smith than he did. He was a great man, with a great knowledge and a great love for Joseph Smith and the early saints of the LDS church. I had the wonderful opportunity to have him as my Stake President for 2 years. He was a dynamic, compelling speaker. I loved hearing him speak to us. It is through his CD's and videos that I have gained a greater testimony and love for Joseph Smith and the earlier saints of the church. Truman did so much good for so many people here on this earth. I know his influence has reached thousands, if not millions and will continue to do so even after he is gone. I loved this man - he had a great love for the work of the Lord, and I'm sure he is continuing it on the other side. If any of you aren't familiar with his work, you can find out more on his website at www.TrumanMadsen.com or ask me about it. I would love to tell you all I know. I pray that the Lord will be with his family in this time of trial. He will be greatly missed.

No comments: